At BashfulBox.com we respect your concerns about privacy and value the trust you have placed in us. This privacy notice describes the types of personal information we collect and how we may use that information. In addition, our privacy notice also describes the measures we take to protect the security of that information.
Your ConsentBy using this Web Site, you signify your consent to Bashful Box to collect, use, and disclose your personal information in accordance with this policy.
How does Bashful Box ensure discretion when shipping my order?Your order will be packaged in a plain cardboard carton with only your shipping address and our return address. There are no identifying markings on the labels or packaging to indicate the contents.
What types of information does Bashful Box collect and use about me and how does Bashful Box use that information?We collect and use information about you to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions. We also collect information to improve the shopping experience of Bashful Box customers. Here are the ways we obtain information about you and the types of information we obtain.
- Purchases - When you order or purchase a Bashful Box product, you are required to give us contact and payment information (such as credit card and address information) so we may process your order. When you pay for a Bashful Box product using a credit card, we use your credit card information only to fulfill your order and for other internal purposes.
- Customer Service - If you contact one of our customer service representatives, we may ask you for information such as your name, address, email address and order number, if applicable, so we can respond to your questions or comments. With your consent, we may retain this information to personalize your experience with us and better assist you the next time you contact us.
- Website - We collect information on our website using transient cookies, sometimes called session cookies, and persistent cookies. A transient cookie is a small file that contains information about a user, and disappears when the user's browser is closed. Unlike a persistent cookie, a transient cookie is not stored on the user's hard drive; it is stored only in temporary memory that is erased when the web browser is closed. We use transient cookies to determine, for example, how you use our website so we can improve the design of our site.
Persistent cookies are very small, plain text files stored on a user's hard drive that take up an extremely small amount of storage space on the hard drive. These persistent cookies usually have an expiry date and are deleted when expired. We use persistent cookies to remember who you are and for keeping track of your shopping cart and website preferences for future visits to our website. These cookies are used by Bashful Box to enhance your online experience with us. These cookies are not linked to any personally identifiable information about you. Cookies can be disabled in your web browser, however disabling cookies may affect the functionality of the site.
- Other - Through surveys, you may provide us with information such as product preferences, reasons for purchasing a product, family and lifestyle information to help us learn more about your shopping preferences. You also may provide such information when you fill out a warranty card about a product you purchased from Bashful Box. In addition, you may give us such information if you register for or redeem Bashful Box special offers, discount coupons or other promotions or to be included in our newsletter.
How may I indicate my privacy preferences?You may choose whether or not to give us your personal information, and if you do, how we use it. If we request your personal information, we will tell you why we are collecting it and seek your consent. Sometimes you will be asked to give your consent expressly (such as by checking or clicking on a box). Other times we may obtain your consent implicitly by asking you to provide information with stated purposes but without any express statement of consent (such as when you order a product or subscribe to our newsletter). In those cases your consent will be understood if you provide us with the requested information.
Does Bashful Box share the information it obtains about me with third parties?Bashful Box does not share personal information about its consumers with any third parties outside of or within the Bashful Box corporate family. We may share this information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf, but these service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We also may disclose information about you as required by law.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. If the business is transferred, we will provide you with the opportunity to tell us that you would prefer that information about you not be transferred. Should such a transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the transferee uses personal information about you in a manner that is consistent with this privacy notice.
How does Bashful Box protect personal information?
The security of personal information is a high priority for us. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration and destruction of the personal information in our possession. We are committed to providing appropriate security controls to protect personal information we have about you against foreseeable hazards.
Our custom built e-commerce software uses a 128 bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) digital certificate (see below) in the areas of our website where personal information is collected from you. These pages can only be accessed through our secure connection so you will never have to worry about sending unencrypted data to us.
- SSL Digital Certificate - An SSL digital certificate allows our website to collect and encode sensitive data from you without exposing that data to the public. Our server will supply your browser with our certificate and any information you send us will be encrypted with our certificate. Any intercepted information would be completely useless as the only way to decrypt your data is through our server using our digital certificate.
Does the Bashful Box website contain links to other websites?The Bashful Box website may contain links to other websites operated by Bashful Box or independently of Bashful Box not under our control. We provide links to other websites solely for your convenience and information. Other websites may have their own privacy notices, which we suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. Bashful Box is not responsible for information that is provided by, or collected through, those websites or for any other use of those websites.
Will I receive email from Bashful Box?We will send you email only if you have provided us with your email address for the purposes of requesting further information, placing an order or subscribing to a service or newsletter. Registered customers may receive occasional emails from Bashful Box with generally pertinent information such as privacy or webstore policy changes or customer notifications.
How does Bashful Box update its Privacy Notice?Bashful Box services and promotions will change over time. This privacy notice will be updated periodically to reflect those changes and corresponding changes in our information practices. Whenever we revise this privacy notice, we will change the date on the notice to indicate when the revisions were made. We reserve the right to change our information practices and the terms of this privacy notice, and to apply the changed practices to all information we have about you. By using this web site, you agree to accept the terms of this privacy notice as stated at the time you use it. Any future access to this web site subsequent to the posting of a revised privacy notice will be deemed to be your acceptance of this privacy notice as then revised. We reserve the right to change this privacy notice at any time.
LAST REVISED: November 12, 2006